Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Jubilee: The Choir of King's College, Cambridge (1970)

London Jubilee JL 41047

One final Christmas LP before the season is over. I don't recall where I picked this one up. It is a bit crackly, but it's a good recording. It is not on CD.

From the LP label:
"The Choir of King's College, Cambridge
Directed by
David Willcocks"

Note: For this LP, I used primarily equipment that was left out on garbage night in my neighborhood. The turntable is a Technics SL-7 linear tracker I picked up about two years ago. I lubricated the tonearm rail, put on a new tonearm drive belt, and installed an Ortofon X1-MCP moving coil cartridge. It has performed flawlessly ever since. A harman/kardon CDR2 was left out this past Sunday presumably because the play side wasn't working. The record side, however, works fine. It has the same AKM 24-bit/96 kHz analog-to-digital converter as my CDR20. I installed it in my second system, which includes the Technics, and used it for digitizing this LP.

The Holly and the Ivy

Hark! The Herald Angels Sing

O Come All Ye Faithful

No comments:

Post a Comment