Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Persuasions: We Still Ain't Got No Band (1973)


MCA Records, MCA-326

The Persuasions are an a capella group with more than two dozens records to their name. Their early albums are a mix of gospel, soul, and pop songs, but in the aughts, they began recording a series of tribute albums (The Beatles, Frank Zappa, U2, The Grateful Dead). Many of their albums are on CD, but this 1973 release is not.

I haven't heard a bad Persuasions record, so I pick them up whenever I find them. I bought this LP at Antone's in Austin, Texas for around $4. The cover is a bit worn, but the record is in great shape.

From the LP:
"Jerry Lawson - Lead, Baritone
Jimmy Hayes - Bass, Tenor
Joseph Russell - Tenor, Lead
Jayotis Washington - Tenor
Herbert Rhoad - Baritone"

Chapel of Love

Dance with Me

7 comments:

  1. hello,

    where can I get this LP (The Persuasions: We Still Ain't Got No Band (1973)). i need it as a gift.
    can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a copy on eBay (US site) right now for $4.99 plus shipping. It appears to be a nice copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY I HAVE YHE LP ...I GOING TO TRY TO GET IT COPYED ON CD ...THAT AN IDEAL UNTILL IT COMES ON CD MY LP HAS A LOT ON SCHACTHES AND SKPIS BUT IT ONE OF THE BEST LP' S IN THE WORLD OF MUSIC YOGI63

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can I find "We Still Ain't Got No Band" by the Persuasions, on CD?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still not on CD - still needs to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JUST RECENTLY WE LOST JERRY LAWSON AND JIMMIE HAYES

    ReplyDelete